Yesterday I had a surprise three hours off when my sweet nieces Hettie and Alex came over to play with the girls. It was their last day of school holidays and it was so sweet of them to spend it with their little cousins. I had a nice long lunch with my dear friend Julia and ran a few errands all by myself and it was lovely and refreshing. Though it was quite cold the sun was out, and for me that makes all the difference in the world!!!
Dugald went to Auckland yesterday on business and wasn't supposed to be home until 10:30 pm, but they were/are forecasting a big storm - high, high winds, rain and cold - so he managed to get on an earlier flight and was home by 8:30 pm to tell the children goodnight. I was worried he wasn't going to get home at all for a few days so I'm glad he beat the weather.
That's really all from here - I went shopping yesterday and the grocery store was packed with people all talking about the storm, it felt a bit like Florida preparing for a hurricane! Since Dugald still wasn't home and I wasn't sure he would get back I stocked up on food and bought enough for the entire weekend. That may sound like no big deal but if you could see the size of my refrigerator you'd understand why it never happens. I got home and had to really work to get everything put away. By the way, just a curious aside, New Zealanders don't put their eggs in the refrigerator! They aren't even refrigerated at the grocery store. . .
Thanks again for all of your love and support!!! Hugs to everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment