Thursday, July 10, 2008

More Pool Fun

So yesterday we hung out at the pool after swimming and waited for this:
They didn't bring the inflatable out until 1:30, so it was another three-hour day at the pool for us, but look at the anticipation on these goggle-marked faces:
They thought the wait was totally worth it!
Josie wanted to play on it too - here she is in line, obviously the shortest participant!
Not that she cared, she wouldn't have missed it for anything.


Thankfully Ellie was happy to just hang out in the kiddie section. It's always better when things are her choice rather than being told she can't do something :).

Today has been lovely as well - cold, but nice and sunny. We were invited to a friend's house in Lower Hutt for lunch after swimming and we all had a very nice time. Have I mentioned before how incredibly hospitable Kiwis are?? I don't know why I am noticing it so much because I really think Americans are quite hospitable too, but regardless of why, I am grateful. It's been such a help in moving to a new place to have people pursuing friendships with us, we are thankful.

I'm working on our plan for school for next year, we have all of our curriculum so now I just need to sort out our time so that everyone gets what they need, including me. I'm hoping to somehow incorporate some exercise in there - those of you who know me well know that A. I am not a morning person and B. I don't like exercising alone. So, I'm going to see if there is a class somewhere I can somehow work into my schedule and/or schedule time during the day for me to exercise to a DVD. I'll let you know how it goes - but sadly I've gained about 7 pounds since we've been here and that just has to stop. I so wish I was someone who loved exercise. . . but I'm really going to try and start eating better and exercising more and maybe even finally get my hair done and see if that doesn't just infuse me with new energy! Maybe I'll turn into a triathlete like my sister who is going to NYC to compete - go Ali!!!

Lots of love to all!!!

No comments: