In this photo she was blowing bubbles to move the toy that is in front of her.
See that face? That face that is just BARELY above the water? It's the face of a girl with no fear.
The floating on her back isn't her favorite part, but she still just gets in there and does it!
See what I mean? Does this kid look stressed out?
Ellie Bell did much better today with her listening and once again I jumped up once or twice thinking she was about to drown, but she was fine. I remember my niece, Anna, swimming a few summers ago and looking like she was always about to drown - that's what Ellie reminds me of, it's hard to know if she's going under on purpose or if she needs rescuing. She only came up sputtering once though, so mostly she's doing it on purpose!
A friend of ours, Julia, and her two boys met us at the pool so we were there from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm. That might not sound like a long time, but when you are constantly doing a head count to make sure everyone is present and accounted for it can add up! We had a ball, but boy were we all tired when we headed home for a late, late lunch. The girls and boys were great and ate outside, even though it was a bit chilly, and played with the dog while Julia and I had coffee and chatted. I'm so glad the sun was out today, it made walking home from the pool much more pleasant.

No comments:
Post a Comment