Monday, July 14, 2008

Oh-ba-dee-Oh-ba-da

Life goes on. . . la la la la life goes on.



If you don't know that song I'm sorry, I just can't get it out of my head for some strange reason. Probably because I don't have much to post about. . . our life is going on. . . but it's all good.



It's week two of New Zealand school holidays, which means it's week two of Morrison half days. And week two of more relaxed days. I'm really glad the girls do the activities they do, and I'm always tempted to add more rather than drop any, but boy, these days of not having to be ANYwhere are welcome. I mean besides swimming. Our afternoons are nice and free. Today the girls and I took Rico for a long walk and stopped for hot chocolate along the way. We hit the post office (to send sweet baby Cassie a welcome to the world gift), the library (to return overdue books, oops), to the local Christian bookstore (had about 100 books in total, not kidding) and to Pippa's house to return socks. All in all very enjoyable.



We had a lovely Sunday after a blustery Saturday. It is not a good thing how much my level of optimism is tied to the weather. Sunday was good, no it was great. I love our church, I love the people we know that attend there, I love setting that day aside to worship and to rest. I just love it.



The children are all doing well - Ellie has mastered the potty, she can be trusted on long car trips, long walks, trips to the grocery store. Meggie is taking on more and more responsibility and liking it. Katie is keeping us all social. Josie LOVES school. Loves, loves, loves school. Dugald is over the current crisis at work. For now.



Oh-ba-dee-Oh-ba-da life goes on, la la la la life goes on. . .

No comments: