Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tis the Season

We are getting into the Christmas spirit at our house! Last weekend we got our tree up, sadly it is an artificial tree because we are not supposed to have plants in this house (a clause in our rental agreement prohibits such things). I miss the smell of a real tree but in actuality this was a lot easier, cheaper and quicker. For the first time ever the girls totally decorated it themselves - Dugald put on the lights and I unpacked the decorations and they placed them all on the tree. Now our playroom looks very festive indeed!!

We also started our Advent celebrations - thanks to this fantastic house from the Knights. We open a door every day and there is a reading inside and there may or may not be some candy.
Ellie got to open the first door so I helped her read the activity paper and then Daddy read the Scripture reading to us.

I still find the mixed-up seasons a bit strange - it's not bad having Christmas in the summer. I grew up with fairly warm Christmases in Florida. The harder part is having a long winter without Christmas!! However, summer has yet to officially arrive here anyway.

Hope you are all enjoying this busy and festive time of year. xx

No comments: