Josie and Katie's ballet recital was Sunday at the Opera House. Josie was a "Sparkle" and Katie was a jester. Poor Katie had to be there from 2:30 pm as she was in both shows, but the rest of us enjoyed a lovely dinner in town prior to the show. We went to the 7:30 performance as that was the one that Josie was in as well.
Josie is in the middle without her arms up but smiling away. Mrs. Tarrant says that Josie was "made for the stage" and I think she's right, the girl just loves to perform.
Things are winding down activity wise here for summer, which is nice, but yesterday I had to take the girls into town for a Musical Stars summer performance rehearsal and was blissfully unaware that it was premier day for "The Lovely Bones". It was blissful until I hit Ghuznee Street at which point I about lost my mind thanks to all the traffic. I've gotten spoiled here - I rarely, if ever, have to deal with traffic and so was surprised by the road rage welling as I sat without moving for almost 30 minutes. I dropped the girls, late at 3:45, and had until 5:30 to get them so I decided to go to a shop in town that is only usually 5 minutes away by car. I spent the next hour navigating the traffic due to the closed streets and never could get to my destination but did finally see signs as to the cause of all the uproar. I do hope it was a good event! Hope you are all doing well and enjoying these last days in the lead-up to Christmas. Hugs to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment