Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We have had such a special and memorable Christmas Eve! The day started with the delivery of a free grill - some friends had an extra they didn't use and dropped it by this morning. Then we had afternoon tea with our former neighbors and dear friends Adrienne, Lucy and Maddie. After tea we headed to church for the family service, then we went to the Wellington Hospital to do some Christmas caroling in the wards. The caroling was such a meaningful experience - we had a huge group of people show up to participate, in fact we broke up into two groups and they were still so big that sometimes the front of the line was singing a line or two ahead of the back of the line! These pictures aren't great because I whipped out my cell phone quickly while we were in hallways, I didn't want to embarrass any patients by taking photos when we were around them, but I wanted to give you a sense of the joy the girls felt in spreading joy to those less fortunate. I cried several times when I saw patients and/or their families getting teary as we came by their bedsides. We also sounded really good - the acoustics were actually fantastic which is probably why nobody ever gets any sleep in a hospital! We were honored to get to participate and I think this will definitely be one of our new family traditions.


A very Merry Christmas to you and yours! Lots of love from all of us!!

No comments: