Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Baking

We actually haven't done a ton of baking this year, but we enjoyed what we did do! We made cookies to take to church to have delivered to the home-bound and others for a bit of Christmas cheer. Ellie was a great help with the decorating and it was lovely day so she could do it outside which made me happy!! Last time she helped me decorate cookies I think I found sprinkles every time I vacuumed for a month.

I also went to purchase a gingerbread house kit for our annual tradition of trying to make a gingerbread house but instead watching the roof slide off while Ellie and Josie eat most of the decorating candy - but they were astronomically expensive. SO, my sweet friend Alison with the "do-it-yourself" Kiwi spirit, offered to make pieces of gingerbread in the appropriate shape to do our own houses. She did, we made them, and the kids had a ball doing it. Their finished masterpieces had roof issues but we hadn't spent nearly as much on the process and as long as they could eat it the kids didn't care!

No comments: