As I write this Dugald is on a plane to Seattle to visit Lloyd. It's been a crazy afternoon as when he left for work today we didn't think he'd be going to Seattle for another few weeks. . . but circumstances changed and so he rushed home at 3 pm to pack a bag and catch a 5pm flight. Crazy! The girls and I took him to the airport, ate, then rushed home to clean up the house because Dugald and I have been hosting a parenting course at our house for the past few weeks on Monday night and we had guests arriving at 7 pm. All that to say, I am exhausted! But, I uploaded these photos a few days ago and so I wanted to finally write something here.
I am reading a book at the moment called "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" that has inspired me to once again pay the extra money and make the extra effort to eat locally grown, organic food. To that end I have produce delivered to our house every Friday from a local farmer. It's been fun to get a crate full of surprises once a week, and I have to say it's inspired us to eat more veggies and try things we may not try on our own (silverbeet anyone?). Here is a picture of some of the loot in my most recent delivery:

Last weekend the girls got to have friends over for a "Girls Night In". . . they planned the menu, which included popcorn, kitkats, soda, pizza and ice cream, and invited one friend each over for dinner and a movie on Friday.


I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all!! Everyone left by 8pm and Dugald and I went out for the evening, perfect!
Saturday we headed down to Te Papa for the Monet exhibit - amazing to see and the girls even enjoyed it! Hopefully they learned something too . . .

Saturday night we had the cousins over for dinner - Hamish and Wills. It's always fun when they come hang out with us and I'm slowly but surely learning how to cook enough to feed an army.

That's all for now - Dugald will be away for a week so we will hopefully reschedule our trip to Taupo that we were planning for this weekend. The girls have been promised special treats from America if they are good for me while he is away, so here's hoping! I've got to get myself organized as I thought I had at least another week to shop on the internet and have things sent to Seattle for Dugs to bring home. . . we have some little girls with birthdays coming up, not to mention all the things mommy wants!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment