Last week the primary school at Marsden competed in swimming. I volunteered to be a timer so the little girls and I were there all day and got to see Katie swim in all of her events. She did a fabulous job - she even signed up for butterfly at the last minute and got second place! She was one of the top finishers in freestyle so she got to compete in the freestyle relay (they placed first) and in the house relay for Innes. Katie is turning out to be quite sporty - she also got "Player of the Day" again for her netball game on Saturday.
 |
| The blue arrow points to Katie in the blue swim cap. |
 |
| Katie and Emma |
 |
| The 1st Place relay team - Hannah, Emily, Katie and Anna |
 |
| The winning relay team with their silly faces |
 |
| The swim caps are color coded to the girls' houses - blue for Innes, red for Sprott and yellow for Fitzherbert. |
It was an exciting day - the little girls were allowed to participate in a few things for fun with the younger girls and Josie also was a great little helper handing the swimmers their times and cheering for Katie. I got a notice on Friday that Katie had qualified to compete in the Western Zones Swimming Sports day too, well done!!
I have lots of posting to catch up on so watch this space. xx
No comments:
Post a Comment