Saturday, February 26, 2011

Round the Bays 2011

On my birthday we again participated in the Wellington "Round the Bays" 7K walk with our friends the Hoggs and Sheppards. Matt took his camera so these photos are all courtesy of him - thanks Matt! It was a beautiful day - warm and still which is unusual for Wellington. It was so warm in fact that along the way people would hose us down to cool everybody off. 








After the race we waited in line with 12,000 of our closest friends to catch the shuttle bus back into town. Needless to say by the time we got there we were all quite hungry - so the Sheppards joined us for pizza and then we had a lovely stroll along the waterfront to the gelato store.




We were quite entertained on our walk as there were lots of people jumping off of bridges and buildings and whatnot into the water. The girls also had fun with one of the sculptures down by the harbor.





It was a wonderful way to spend my birthday - Wellington pulled out one of her stellar days, the kind where I have to wonder if there is any better place to live in the world, I am grateful. I also had a lovely evening the night before as the Hoggs and Sheppards had us all over for a delicious birthday dinner. I think this is going to be a great year. xx

No comments: