Friday, July 16, 2010

Cousins Camp - Girls Week

As I mentioned yesterday I forgot to take my camera to the closing ceremony for Cousins Camp - however Mimi had quite a few on her camera and so I'm sharing them here. The girls had another amazing time and I can't even begin to describe all that they did. The theme this year was flowers so the activities mostly had to do with that but I haven't been fully de-briefed enough to adequately describe each picture.

Just like last year the girls did a lot of swimming and there was some sort of event that involved a watermelon in the pool and then eating it blindfolded. I included the pictures even though I don't really know what's going on in them because I wanted the Kiwi's to see the standard size watermelon here - that one isn't even a particularly big one. I am indulging often in my favorite sweet, juicy fruit!




I think Mimi read the girls a sweet story about flowers and hats and whatnot and then the girls all got to decorate and model their own hats - in fact they all wore them out to lunch the next day.








The parents arrived for a talent show, a synchronized swimming show and dinner and the girls were even more amazing than last year. I am kicking myself for not having the video camera because they were truly stand-out performances. The four big girls sang a mash-up of songs from Journey, Abba and more. Josie and Anna performed a sweet song that I've never heard before in my life but I don't think they made it up. Ellie did a spectacular solo performance of Taylor Swift's "Love Story" and she knew every word. They also performed their 2010 Cousins Camp song.







Anna won the "Best All-Around Camper" for 2010, following closely in her mommy's footsteps. Anna is a star and won the award for her graciousness, kindness and generosity during their time together.

The girls also decorated bags and flip-flops while they were there and those were all laid out for them to show off and take home after camp was over.



The dessert was a delicious Orea-chocolate chip-ice cream cake with personally decorated flowers - too cute!



Thanks Mimi and Big Daddy for all your hard work and for another fabulous session of Cousins Camp for the girls - these memories are priceless!!

No comments: