Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Another fun night out with friends

We had another little high school reunion a few weeks ago. It started as a girls night out and ended up with Kenny and Jennifer joining us later for a drink. It's been so much fun to reconnect with my Florida friends on this trip, often our visits back are too short for me to get to see everyone. Amy came back down from Georgia and Kristin picked us up to head to Guppy's - a yummy restaurant on the beach. We weren't in the car together more than 5 minutes before we were laughing it up just like old times.
We met up with Karen, Tracy and Brooke once we got there. I keep in touch with Amy pretty well anyway, and I've reconnected with Kristin and Karen on Facebook so that we are back in touch more regularly, but I hadn't talked to Brooke and Tracy since our last official high school reunion.
L-R Amy, Me, Kristin, Brooke, Tracy, Karen

We got on the iphone at the last minute to try and recruit friends out to one of our old haunts for drinks but only Kenny and Jennifer got the message and actually came out -but we're so glad they did!

Amy, Kenny and I met up again another night and her son Carter snapped this pic:

I love that no matter how much time has passed or how much our lives have changed we can all still enjoy time together and just pick up where we left off - it was a special time and particularly poignant to me having moved overseas this past year to get to spend time with people that I have known and have known me for a hundred years (or so).

No comments: