This weekend we went skating on Saturday. It was what Meggie wanted to do for her birthday, but the rink wasn't open on Wednesday, so we went this weekend instead. It was a fun way to spend a couple of hours and I even skated some. I have to say it is still a challenge - only one of our children is really capable of skating on her own, but she doesn't want too, she'd rather hold my hand and whiz around the rink together. Dugald and I divided our time and energies between holding up the skaters that couldn't skate, speeding around with the one that could, and watching Ellie over in Tiny Town. I'm tired all over again from just typing it!
The next week will be filled with all the usual activities - ballet twice, horseback riding, Musical Stars, swimming and soccer. I've started swimming on Friday mornings and I love it - last week was my first go at it and I was exhausted but in a good way. I have a girl who is able to come spend a few hours with the children and it seemed to go well enough for me to try it again. I was pleasantly surprised to see my sister-in-law at swimming, it was fun to catch up more with her too. We have nine children between the two of us so it's been hard to find a time to get our families together - at least at swimming I get to see her face and hear how everyone is doing!!!
Have a great week everybody!!
No comments:
Post a Comment