Thursday, August 14, 2008

Motherhood Rocks

I love having four girls! God knew that I wanted girls, that I wouldn't really know what to do with a boy, and He has blessed my socks off with these daughters of mine. But my fourth one, God bless her, is giving me a bit of grief. I'm not sure if it's because she's the youngest, and therefore spoiled, or if it's because we didn't "Grow her up God's Way" (a book that we basically read as much as the bible when Meggie and Katie were small), or if she just is Miss Independent and it's her personality and that's just how God made her. Any which way, some days she just drives me to distraction. But then again, she's also so darn cute I can't keep my hands off of her. Probably part of the problem. 

Anway, I read this post over at "It's almost naptime" and I could totally relate. You have to read it if you have what is typically called "a strong-willed child". Nothing like our children to bring out the sin in us. . . but there's also no better gift. Truly. 

Speaking of gifts, my sister-in-law Liz gave me THE most awesome gift. She gave me a voucher for FIVE hours of time from a girl who runs a business called "Delegate". I met Louisa  yesterday - she arrived with a gift basket and coffee, I love her already. She's going to take care of selling/giving away the dog kennel and fixing the post that the dog chewed up in the back yard. The post that holds up the trellis in the garden. Glory be, that dog just keeps on costing us money. I still have a fondness in my heart for him though, which is saying a lot given how tight finances have been recently. 

It's another sunny day here in the capital of Godzone. We are off to swimming so I better start schoolin' these here children, but I'll write more later!

No comments: