Friday, December 30, 2011

The Magic Toyshop

The older three girls had their ballet performance, "The Magic Toyshop", just before Christmas. With two performances on Sunday they pretty much were at the Opera House all day following the morning Advent Pageant at church. Dugald, Ellie and I had a "date" of sorts - beginning with coffee after dropping the big girls off. When we lived in Texas I love, love, loved Starbucks so when we walked by one and I saw the gingerbread latte sign out I had to try it. I was sadly disappointed! While the picture looked scrumptious the coffee was not. I think I've been spoiled by all the great coffee in Wellington and can no longer claim any love for Starbucks. Ellie still loved her frappacino and Dugald thought his hot chocolate was good.



The girls all danced beautifully - Meggie was in two dances and Katie and Josie each had one. I think they were well and truly exhausted by the end of the night though!

Beautiful Meggie in yellow. This costume reminded me of one of my favorite dresses of hers from when she was a toddler.

Josie, center-stage as always, dancing her heart out. She is a born performer! She is a marionette.

Katie in the back with the green bandana on her head - her friend Pippa is standing to her left and her friend Maia is kneeling in front in the pink bandana.


Meggie in her second dance - she's kneeling on the far right.

Meggie in blue behind the little girl with the very big bow.

Post-performance with flowers from Daddy.

No comments: