Sunday, April 3, 2011

Some Math, a Dance and a Birthday

I had an amazing trip to Rarotonga and will post photos soon - I didn't take my camera but I'm in charge of putting together a memory book for the group so I will have access to everyone else's pictures in the next little while. It was beautiful there and we had a blast.

In other news, Josie "graduated" second grade mathematics and got a certificate from her daddy. Meggie recently had a test in math(s) at Marsden and was one of two girls to get the highest grade in the class, so kudos to the Morrison Academy for Girls Math(s) teacher!




Speaking of Meggie, she had her first school dance Friday night. The Wellesley boys invited the Year 7 and 8 girls from Marsden and Queen Margaret for an evening of fun. We only found out about the dance on the Thursday before I left early Friday morning for Rarotonga, so Daddy took Meg shopping for her outfit while I was away. They did really well, except the dress was quite lightweight and had little cap sleeves, so I shopped without her on Friday morning for a wrap and some tights. Finally she borrowed Katie's black coat and Josie's silver purse and she was ready, looking adorable.


I took Meggie over to the Smith's to meet up with Zoe and Anna prior to the dance since Anna's mother was driving them. The girls all had their own style and looked cute and ready for fun. Dugald and I experienced our first time of waiting up late for our daughter to get home and then stayed up even later hearing all about how much fun she had and who she danced with and whatnot.



Saturday morning came all too soon but it was a very exciting day as Josie turned 8!!! We've scheduled a birthday party for next weekend, she and Ellie are having a "Disco Diva" party, but we started off her actual birthday with donuts and presents.






It was a busy birthday - the girls went and raised money again for the training of the seeing-eye dogs for the blind, then our friends the Sheppards joined us for a dinner out where once again I forgot my camera but we had a great evening. Josie woke up this morning and told me she'd had the best birthday ever.

Lots of love from all of us - Dx.

No comments: