I've been browsing real estate listings since our return because I am SO sick. of. renting! My fellow Americans would be surprised at how little there is on offer and how quickly the houses with decent sun exposure (VERY important) get snatched up. Anyway, today after dropping Meggie off at girls' club and heading to netball with Katie and Josie I passed this (click on pink word) and got very excited. It gets great sun, has five bedrooms and three bathrooms and is in a fantastic location (and I love how the listing agent wrote "Even Jacqueline Kennedy would approve). I knew such extravagance would come at a price, but sadly my husband just confirmed my suspicions. Looking on the bright side, we don't even know how long we are here and perhaps at the right time and in the right place the perfect dwelling place will become available - meanwhile we are free to dream!
In happier news, we got to spend the day with Kate yesterday. She is in town from Auckland for a class reunion and it was such a treat to see her and have her hang out with us. We had lunch here at the house then went to our favorite bookstore, Marsden Books, because Kate is friends with Anna who owns the shop. We also ventured over to Seatoun to have a quick look in Liz's boutique, but sadly she was out of town so we didn't get to see her. Wellington put on a beautiful show - the sun was out and it was a balmy 18 degrees, just perfect. Today it was a windy 11 degrees while I shivered on the sidelines of the netball. And they call it "summer netball". I scoff.
That's all from here - two posts in two days, I'm on a roll! xx
No comments:
Post a Comment