Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Father's Day

Dugald is the best dad ever. Seriously. We are so grateful God blessed us with him and I love him even more when I see him interacting with the girls. So, even though he said he doesn't mind not celebrating Father's Day, we had to at least acknowledge it. New Zealand celebrates Father's Day on the first Sunday in September, unlike the American celebrations in June.

We presented our gifts to Daddy before church - Josie made him some sort of feather crown out of pipe cleaners, Meggie wrote him a poem and Katie and Ellie gave him a tie.





I can't really put into words the powerful emotions I feel when I think of what a great daddy Dugald is to our girls. He has sacrificed much for us, he has chosen family over work time and time again, he has lovingly participated in homeschooling the girls, he leads us by serving us, he requires excellence out of the children in behavior and school work, he loves them unconditionally and willingly spends time with them when he could so easily choose to pursue his own hobbies instead and much, much more. I didn't realize that I was SO getting the total package when we married because I had no idea that this man who is such a great husband would also turn into a father that is better than my highest dreams for my children. So, even though we kind of don't make a big deal out of Father's Day it doesn't mean we aren't grateful for the Daddy you are Dugald Morrison! We love you!!




No comments: