Friday, May 28, 2010

Meggie's Poetry

I know it's been quiet here on the blog for awhile - we are in a crazy race to the finish trying to cram in our last few weeks of school before we head to America. Meggie has continued to write in her spare time and I thought I'd share one of her poems today. I think she does a great job!

A Sailor’s Happy Life

By Meggie Morrison

I around the island sail,

Day and night, sun or hail.

When thunder rolls, and lightning cracks,

I go down to the mast.

I put up the sails, and off we go!

The waves pushing us high, and low.

But, at calmer days at sea,

The wind fills me,

With joy, and glee!

The wind pushes us, and pushes until,

We can hardly stay still!

When we finally come to a stop,

I find that we are at the dock.

I jump out, and give a kiss to my wife,

And we go home, happy with life.

No comments: