Friday, April 2, 2010

Josie's 7th Birthday

Beautiful Josie-bean turned 7 today!
We opened presents before even eating breakfast and she was thrilled to bits by everything.
Grandma and Grandpa sent her a gift certificate to our local bookstore which was a huge hit. We often wander in and have a look around but she doesn't have enough pocket money to get what she wants (usually because she's spent it all at the dairy nearby) so she was thrilled and even managed to get her daddy to take her there during their limited Easter opening hours.
She got a Groovy Girl doll from Katie.
And a Groovy Girl horse to go with it from Meggie.
From Ellie she got a Three Musketeers Barbie.
Dugald and I gave her some doll clothes for her American Girl but she won't get them until we get to America in June.
Later that afternoon we had dinner with our friends the Burts and they recently got a new kitten named Minky.
Earlier Josie and I had made rainbow cupcakes to take and they turned out well (I had my doubts). The kids all thought they were fantastic and that's the most important thing.

1 comment:

Butterfly Chaser Photography said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Josie! I'm so glad you were born! You are a bright spot in my life :)

Great photos Dawn! Everyone looks so joyful!

I'll have to tell Lydia you made those cupcakes! She's been meaning to try them out!