Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Friends Week

This week we are concentrating on having friends over in the afternoon and yesterday Ellie got to invite a friend her own age to come play with her (while the big girls went to swimming). She looked forward to it for the entire week between the time we planned it and the time it actually occurred! She's been on play dates before but almost always with a sister, or two, or three and almost always with a friend slightly older. We spent the day cleaning and made fruit kebobs with marshmallows and anxiously anticipated Amelia's arrival. The girls played beautifully and the time went by too quickly but thankfully Ellie gets to go to Amelia's house next week and I think this may be the start of a beautiful friendship!

Today it's Josie and Katie's turn so we made the above for snacks - not quite as healthy as the fruit kebobs but a lot more fun. Tomorrow is Meggie's day and I'll have to see what she decides on for her snack. I hope she doesn't drag out the cookbooks for some elaborate bit of deliciousness but she just might as she loves to cook!

Dugald and I got to have a date on Valentines Day thanks to our nephew Wills - it was our first since our sweet Lucy left to go overseas and it was very nice to be out together, alone!

I hear Wii Sing sounds coming out of the playroom . . .

No comments: