Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Katie's 1st Official Netball Game

I have some cute pictures from our weekend at Lake Taupo that I plan to upload tonight, but in the meantime here are some shots from Dugald's cell phone of Katie's first official netball game. We got a call on Friday night to ask if Katie could play with the Karori Year 4 team because they were short a player and she had been recommended to them by her Fun Ferns coach (Fun Ferns is a skills team for those too young to play on the official teams and Katie has been practicing with them this year). We asked her if she wanted to do fill in and of course she jumped at the opportunity.

Saturday mornings find me at ballet with Josie and Dugald navigating the netball games -so he was there to see her playing really well. It seems our two oldest have an affinity for the game and both really enjoy it. I'm very proud of Katie for playing with a team of girls slightly older than her that she'd never met before and doing a good job - well done!
After the game the coach thanked Katie especially for helping them out.
Meggie's team also played and won Saturday morning before we left so she was stoked. We left Wellington about noon and drove up to Palmerston for a late lunch with Hugh and Margaret before heading to our final destination in Taupo. The girls loved it despite that not so great weather, I'll post pics soon!

No comments: