Friday, August 28, 2009

"I feel the earth move under my feet"

Or under my bed really as it was 2 in the morning! We had another earthquake, make that two, last night. Dugald woke me up telling me to get in the doorframe, but by the time I worked out what he was talking about and started out of bed it was all over. It was a 5.2 on the richter and only 20 Kilometers away. At 4 am we had another smaller one, but he and I both slept through that one - Katie heard it and said it totally freaked her out. After reading this I'm going to have to batten down the hatches the way we used to on the ship before a sail.

In other Wellington news apparently my friend Tom Cruise was in town on Wednesday but he didn't have time to swing by - he spent the afternoon at Peter Jackson's. Whatever, I'll see my fellow American on the next go round.


No comments: