Sunday, August 23, 2009

Budding Architects

I found the idea for this on another blog and the girls ate it up - literally!! We decided to be architects for the day and I gave each of the girls a bowl of marshmallows and a bag of toothpicks and told them to build their masterpiece.
They all began by building a foundation - cue Bible lesson on needing to build our lives on the strong foundation of Christ.

Some kept their construction projects flat - I have to admit that I left them to their own devices while I went to take a shower:
But the older two decided to build up, and up, and up:

Katie decided her house would be two stories tall:


Ellie went for flat star patterns:
Meggie was going for skyscraper, but this was as tall as the little toothpicks would allow:
Josie decided she was going to make jewelry instead of buildings:
All in all it was a pretty fun project for their morning tea!

No comments: