Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's Amy y'all!

My BFF Amy Grant is releasing a new album over at  itunes and I'm so stoked!! I'm also trying to win Boo Mama's contest and get said album for free so I'm linking to it  - go check out Miss Amy' s newest songs here. Seriously I grew up listening to Amy and feel like she crawled inside my head when she wrote so many of her songs - although she wrote them far more eloquently than I could. I LOVE her!! The first prize in Boo Mama's (see my sidebar if you want to enter the contest yourself, or just click here) is for Amy to call you personally. . .I have to say that would totally freak me out so I'm not hoping for first prize here, I want my friend Teresa to win that, I just want a free album. 

In Morrison family news, we are all counting the days til Daddy returns! Today is a beautiful sunny day - a bit brisk but sunny - but yesterday it rained cats and dogs all stinking day. The funny thing was I was abruptly awakened from a very deep sleep around 5 am and I couldn't figure out why, but I felt the end of some rumblings so I sprinted upstairs thinking it was an earthquake and I wanted to be near the kids when our house completely collapsed around us. I got up there and all was well and the ground wasn't moving so I headed back down to my room when there was a very bright flash. Y'all, it's been SO long since I've been in a thunderstorm I didn't even realize that is what was happening - I thought a power line had gone down. Granted I was still coming out of a deep sleep, but it took me another big clap of thunder and flash of lightning before I realized that what I had thought was an earthquake was really just a thunderstorm. That's pretty sad coming from a girl who has spent most of her life in Texas and Florida where thunderstorms are almost daily occurrences. To be fair they are not at all common here and in fact I believe this is only the second one I've been in since moving here.  Once I worked it out though I was able to crawl back in bed and go soundly back to sleep until Ellie woke me up around 7 asking when Daddy would be home. 

Hope you are all well. . . . 

No comments: