We all went to Palmerston North last Sunday to offer our help to Margaret, Dugald's mom. His dad was in the hospital having had a pacemaker put in a little over a week ago and then having some fainting episodes. We stayed there to see Hugh brought home on Monday and left late Tuesday with Hugh looking well and we thought all sorted. We did make sure that we didn't leave until Kate arrived from Auckland on Tuesday afternoon as we were told the first week after getting the pacemaker is the most difficult as the bruising precludes being on anti-clotting medication.
Unfortunately Hugh had a lot of pain in the night and then another episode today (Thursday) that turned out to be a small heart attack, so he is back in the hospital. We are planning on going back to Palmerston on Sunday unless we are needed sooner. All this to say that we would covet your prayers for him and for wisdom for the doctors as they get all this sorted. Andrew is on his way from Sydney tomorrow so we'll get to see him Sunday and we got to see Debs before she left last Sunday having helped Margaret through Hugh's surgery and first return home.
I have to say my admiration for Hugh and Margaret just grows and grows - Margaret is so capable, so willing to serve, so loving to us, in the midst of a crisis she still looked after us well. And Hugh was his usual funny self, very loving towards the girls who couldn't really reconcile the fact that he was sick with the jolly man joking with them and drinking wine in his bed. I particularly enjoyed overhearing some of his conversations with the various medical staff over the phone - on one I heard him give his address, pause, "that's right", pause, "Where all the best people live." So glad his sense of humor is intact!
One more thing - I wrote about Stellan awhile back and how we are praying for him, I also have a button on the sidebar that will link to his mother's blog, but click here for a link to a great story Fox did on the family, very encouraging and inspiring.
I hope to be back in full blogging mode soon!! xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment