Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Praying for Stellan

I was introduced to a whole new world known as the blogosphere when I began blogging following our move here. In the early days, before I had made many friends and when I was desperately homesick, I started reading the blogs of some amazing women on a regular basis. I found that reading the blogs of women that inspired me, women that encouraged me as a wife and mother, women that were a few years ahead of me in child-raising, women that had a relationship with the Lord that I admired, all helped me feel not so alone and gave me hope and inspiration when I was struggling. One of those women, whom I have never met in real life and probably never will meet, is MckMama. You can read her blog for yourself by clicking here, and I'd encourage it if you have some time, but the reason I'm writing about her here is that her baby boy is sick. He has a heart condition and has been in the hospital for three weeks and things aren't getting better, yet. The baby's name is Stellan and a friend of theirs has started this really cool name gallery where people are sending in pictures of Stellan's name to show that they are praying for him. You can find that here, there are some incredibly amazing and creative ways people far and wide are showing their love and support for this sweet family. 

Our care group was here tonight for dessert so we prayed for Stellan too - and  our family has been praying for Stellan. We took our feeble Stellan picture tonight (can't really see the sign in the group shot but it does say his name) and lifted up powerful prayers to our powerful God on his behalf. We sent them in and soon they too will be a part of the gallery. It's an amazing thing to see how this sweet baby is being prayed for by people all around the world! 

No comments: