
It's been a busy few days despite it being the holidays, or perhaps because of it, sorry for the lack of posts! Today is an awful day - rain and very strong winds - and we are off to the funeral but I wanted to post these pictures from our weekend trip to Te Papa. There is a new exhibition there called "Our Space" complete with simulated rides, so the girls were very excited.
Another part of the new exhibition is a map of New Zealand lit up on the floor, so we "walked" from Wellington to Palmerston North and the girls got to see the path to Grandma and Grandpa's.


The girls have also noticed Maori marais around town, traditional Maori meeting places. They've wanted to go inside but I haven't let them because I don't know the proper protocol for such things. So, it was with great excitement we discovered a marai exhibit at the museum they could explore! I didn't take pictures inside because it was quite dark, but here is Meg with her head out of one of the windows.


There was another, even fancier one, in another room and it looked like this:

In one of the discovery rooms the girls could dress up in traditional Maori clothes so Katie and Josie got right to it and even did some dancing with the pois (those things in Katie's hands).


Meanwhile Ellie tried her hand at a few puzzles.

I have more pictures to post from the weekend but they will have to wait until later as we need to be off now. Stay tuned. . .
1 comment:
So sorry about the sad loss of a colleague's wife. It is hard to comprehend the journey sometimes that we are on but getting a glimpse of God's greatness is so reassuring. Thanks for the Te Papa post, I might bring the girls into Wellington tomorrow to see the new exhibition as the big map might be really helpful for them to visualise where we are moving to and how far away it is. Some calm, fine weather might be nice too! Last few weeks of living in Kapiti - the sense of impending loss is looming :(
Post a Comment