Sunday, September 7, 2008

Party Like It's. . .

1983? 1969?

We were invited to a "fancy dress" party last night. To me when I hear "fancy dress" I think of high heels and tuxedos, but what it actually means is that you should come dressed up as someone else. We went to the Karori Normal School's fundraiser with our very good friends Alison and Matt and Richard and Fleur. The theme was "Showtime" and we had a lot of fun getting all dressed up. 

Dugald and the boys went as the Beatles, minus one, and the girls went as characters from the movie Fame. 

We started the evening at Matt and Alison's - they had a brand new babysitter so we came over to really scare her. I am the only one not wearing a wig and I regret that decision now given how awesome these guys look!
The boys. . . Dugald as Ringo, Richard as George and Matt as John
The girls. . . Alison, me and Fleur
Fleur was on the organizing committee and they did a fantastic job! We had a red carpet welcome complete with these ladies as "Press" interviewing us outside and a bunch of kids lined up with cameras cheering and being our paparazzi. They had a camera man shooting footage of everyone arriving and it was broadcast on a huge screen as you entered the party.
So many famous faces. . . here are the Village People.
This is a pic of the band, they were very good. I had to take a picture of their outfits.

Dugald and the boys were finalist in the best costume category, but sadly they got beat out by Kiss. I think it was due to the missing Beatle. Our table did win one of the trivia prizes though thanks to my hubby knowing that the names of the gangs in West Side Story were the Sharks and the Jets. Yeah baby! Speaking of which Austin Powers was indeed at our table.

We had a great time dancing the night away and we met some more fantastic Karori people. Thanks Alison, Matt, Richard and Fleur for inviting us!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Looking good Dugald and Dawn! How fun. I love "fancy dress" parties. People in New Orleans would costume at a drop of the hat. Someone threw us a "white trash" baby shower and everyone dressed for it. One of our biggest bummers with Katrina was the loss of our costume box. It had taken us years to fill it. Thanks for putting the theme song to Fame in my head.