
In other news, Katie finished a level in math so Daddy gave her a certificate of achievement in honor of her accomplishment.

But back to today, we had lunch with our friends James and Julia at their house. They have two sons, Jacob and Sam aged 10 and 7 who get on quite well with the girls. The adults always have interesting and fun conversations so we thoroughly enjoyed our time together and it was a lovely way to while away the hours as the rain poured outside!
Later in the afternoon Katie's friend Pippa and her family came over here for afternoon tea and that was great also. Pippa has a little brother, Monty, and he is five like Josie. He does remarkably well over here in girl world - he really likes to play Mario Carts on the DS Lite and he enjoys playing animals with my little animal lovers as well. Ironically he doesn't like the dog, but with the weather being awful and Rico being outside that wasn't a problem.
The weather forecast says tomorrow will be sunny and bright so I am planning on washing sheets and towels in the hopes that they will dry on the line. We are also looking forward to Katie's party next weekend and will spend a bit of time this week preparing for that. When I asked Alison (Pippa's mom) where I could get a nice cake she offered to make one for me - for shame!! Thankfully Julia gave me a place so I will go buy it but I do feel a bit like a lazy mom, but I really can't be bothered with that. I will make box lunches for everyone instead of ordering pizza as originally planned - that was also Alison's suggestion and seeing as most people here eat rather healthily it's probably a better option.
That's all for today!
No comments:
Post a Comment