As soon as we arrived Liz brought out an enormous trunk FULL of Groovy Girl dolls and accessories for the girls. They were enthralled, and sweet Hettie got down on the floor and played with them and basically looked after them so I could enjoy some adult conversation.



Lloyd and Julie's oldest two, having a car of their own, were able to stay and visit awhile longer. Here is a picture of Bella and Maddie with Margaret and Hugh (sorry Maddie that I caught you with your eyes closed).

Rob was the main chef for the evening and cooked up a lovely meal for all of us of lamb chops, sausages, green beans, some pastas and various salads. He and Liz manage to make feeding a crowd of 12 look effortless.



Dinner was delicious and the company even better.

Hugh entertained us after our meal. . .

and Katie played a game of changing faces with Grandpa. Hand goes up over face, smile! Hand goes down over face, frown. Somehow this always entertains.

Anyway, reflecting on the night and the joy of being together with family I couldn't help but think of what a gift hospitality is to those who receive it. I looked it up in the dictionary and here is how Merriam-Webster's defines it:
1 a: given to generous and cordial reception of guests b: promising or suggesting generous and cordial welcome c: offering a pleasant or sustaining environment2: readily receptive : open

Anyway, reflecting on the night and the joy of being together with family I couldn't help but think of what a gift hospitality is to those who receive it. I looked it up in the dictionary and here is how Merriam-Webster's defines it:1 a: given to generous and cordial reception of guests b: promising or suggesting generous and cordial welcome c: offering a pleasant or sustaining environment2: readily receptive : open
Rob and Liz blessed us last night with their generous hospitality. I only hope that when friends and family visit our home they feel as generously welcomed and received. Thanks for a lovely evening!!

No comments:
Post a Comment