The girls all participate in an after-school program on Wednesdays called "Musical Stars". It's a great program because it gives them a chance to meet other girls their own age. They spend their time there doing a half an hour of singing, a half an hour of drama, and an hour of dancing. Since it was the end of the term a couple of weeks ago the parents were invited to watch what they have learned so far. . . keeping in mind that since the New Zealand school year starts in February this was only the first few weeks the program has been running this year.

Here is Josie and her friend Hannah with their group. She sang "Going on a Jungle Adventure" and acted out the parts. This is her duet with Hannah. The children came up two by two and did a duet, then they all sang the chorus. I was proud of Josie because she and Hannah were the only ones you could actually hear, which I know comes as no surprise to those of you who know her!

Josie being a monkey.

Katie and her group sang "When I'm 64" and this is a picture of her doing her solo.

There also was a dance by Meggie and Katie's group combined - they danced to music from "Cats" and did a great job!

You can see Katie flying around the circle in the green shirt and blue skirt (they dress themselves these days by the way, I have nothing to do with the outfits:).

Meggie was the main character in their drama -which was somethig the group had actually written themselves. She did an awesome job!

And, finally, Meggie's group sang "Thank you for the music" by Abba and here she is singing her solo.

By the way, I'm sorry for the quality of these photos, I still haven't been able to edit them in photoshop because it is on a different computer. However, if you can't see them well enough you can click on any photo in the blog and then you can see it better.
No comments:
Post a Comment