When I say I get homesick sometimes I fear it sounds tragic, but really it's just missing the comfort of being known more than anything. I'm so grateful for modern communications - this blog, Skype, Vonage and the like that help me stay connected but sometimes I just want to sit around, have a cup of coffee and not have to work so hard at getting to know people. Many of you may or may not know this about me, but I am an introvert, so it sometimes can feel like work getting to know new people. I always am glad, but it can tire me. I've been so grateful for our times with Margaret and Hugh on the weekends too, it's comforting to relax with family and be with people that know a bit about you and your history.
In other news, we have a cat that has decided our yard is the place to be! She/He is very fluffy and attractive, but also fearless. The dog has spent a lot of energy barking and chasing it, to no avail. This morning during breakfast it was sitting in the back garden and we all went out to try and scare it off, I even sprayed it with the water bottle, and it just sat there!!! Four kids, two adults, a dog and another cat, and it just sat there. I thought perhaps it was hurt but eventually I saw it running from Rico and realized it was fine, just tenacious. I'm not sure how we are going to get rid of this intruder and I wouldn't be surprised if it is bold enough to come in the cat door and make itself at home. I do not need another soul to take care of or another mouth to feed! It must go!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment