Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm a weather wimp. . .

Yesterday the sun was out for about two hours. Oh well.

I've decided that among other things I am a wimp when it comes to the weather! Yesterday the girls had their Musical Stars program at 3:30. It had rained off and on, mostly on, all day, so I was trying to decide how to get there - it's only about one and a half Kilometers away. The decision was made for me when I realized how late we were so I decided to drive them. On the way I passed an absolute ton of people walking around. It was cold, drizzly, windy and miserable out. I felt sufficiently shamed and so Ellie, Rico and I walked to get them at 5:15 pm (it was already getting dark) - and were cold and wet! But, again, so many people were out and none of them even looked fussed by it. Go figure. I'm going to have to buck up!!

I also am going to have to get a little more outdoorsy to fit in here - most people love spending their weekends outside, regardless of the weather. I'd rather be curled up by the fire with a good book and cup of coffee, but I want to have adventures with the girls so we are planning some fun things to do with them in the great outdoors. It is a shame to waste our opportunity to see some of God's most beautiful creation up close and personal, and the lovely thing is they don't have nearly the bugs and pests we have in America. So, no excuses, we're heading out. . .

No comments: