After our rather uncomfortable ferry crossing we had a lovely drive down the South Island to Wanaka. The storm we'd sailed through had filled the rivers and caused some flooding that detoured us off of the main road south of Christchurch, but otherwise the journey was as beautiful as always. We spent one night in Christchurch and were glad to not suffer an earthquake or any aftershocks! I don't think I'll ever tire of the incredible landscape of New Zealand - whenever we drive anywhere I just gawk out the windows at the majesty of it all.
Our first night in Wanaka Dugald and I attended the rehearsal dinner for Tom and Abi and got to meet more of her family and the members of the wedding party. We also got to catch up with Ben which was great, we hadn't seen him since his time with Mercy Ships on the African Mercy. It brought back great memories of our time on the Anastasis and my only disappointment was not having taken the opportunity that weekend to see his photos.
As always our girls were ecstatic to catch up with their cousins - and the big girls got lots of pep talks about what an awesome school Marsden is and how their cousins plan to look after them which was a huge blessing (especially to me) so thank you Ottilie, Vita and Hettie. xx
I planned include a video montage of photos in this post, but after I uploaded it to youtube they wouldn't let me use the music I had put on it because of copyright issues, so I'll probably just post the photos here over the next few days. I'm a tad annoyed. Oh well. Stay tuned and I'll post pictures, probably more than you ever wanted to see, in my next post.
Lots of love,
Dawn x



No comments:
Post a Comment