Saturday, November 7, 2009

iPhone Pictures

I so totally love my new iPhone - Dugald got it, along with several other lovely things, for me for our anniversary and I just love it. Some women love jewelry, some travel (ok, I really love travel too), some spa treatments, some quiet time alone - but of all those things I think I love toys the best. However, and this is kind of a big one, I'm pretty illiterate with most technological things in our household. The iPhone is great because it's fairly user friendly so straight out of the box I could take pictures, check emails, read and post on FaceBook, Skype my family and find lots of applications to download - games for the kids, games for me and Dugald, recipe helpers, grocery lists, calorie counters, exercise trackers, you name it. It's all good, except for one little problem - I'm a bit daft when it comes to iTunes (which the iPhone uses for applications and updates). I've managed to complicate my life by having two macs - a desktop and laptop, and two iTunes accounts - mine and Meggie's - and I've mixed them all up and have the wrong ones on the wrong computers, yada yada yada and the more I google instructions on how to sort it out the more I mess it up because I don't really understand the instructions. GRRR. Really this is a long "the dog ate my homework" excuse for taking so long to update here - I had pictures on my cool new iPhone that I wanted to post here and I couldn't figure out how to make it all work. Until today. Today at last I managed to upload the pictures - but to the wrong computer of course because the iPhone uses my iTunes. I am currently sitting all scrunched up at my children's desk using the computer that has my account on it. Nevermind. . .

Here are the pictures - Dugs and I had a lovely overnight at the Bolton Street Hotel, one of Wellington's best. It was so sweet - when we got in the room he'd arranged for there to be flowers and bath goodies and a book I was hoping to purchase about New Zealand villas:
I am embarrassed to admit that I got him Jaffas (his favorite candy). I was thinking the night away at the hotel was our gift to one another. Oops.

We had a wonderful time - we shopped and ate yummy food in grown-up restaurants and cafes and generally enjoyed each other's company without interruption for 36 hours. It was blissful. However by the second day I was missing the girls - just wondering how they were getting on and if Delaney was surviving. I said to Dugs over our scrumptious and leisurely lunch that I'd really love to pop in and see them, get a cuddle and leave but that I knew it would never work. Well, what do you know but ten minutes later we're walking up Cuba Street and I suddenly hear shouts of "Mommy, Daddy!!!!"
It was perfect - I got a cuddle from each of them, Delaney reassured me that they were having fun, and we still got to have many more hours free, such a blessing! Thank you, thank you, thank you Delaney!

Our last meal before returning home - my happy hubby:
He really spoiled me and I loved every second - thank you for an amazing anniversary, I love you honey!!

Hope this post finds you all well, we are finally enjoying some warmer temperatures and sunshine and I am so grateful!! I have more pictures in the queue so check back soon - hugs xx

No comments: