Katie is absolutely a little social butterfly! She was just plain giddy with excitement the day of her party and even the days leading up to the party were filled with lots of enthusiasm and a continuing countdown starting about 14 days prior to the big event.
Here she is with her daddy awaiting her guests:
One of our activities for the night was to make our own body glitter. I thought body glitter was a kind of rock star thing but most of the girls at the party had no idea what it was, am I still hopelessly stuck in the 80's?
We set up "stations" around the house - one for makeup, one for costumes, one for hair and then the aforementioned body glitter.



After the girls hit each station I had planned for us to go to the "stage" for performances. However, that is also when I remembered that we had a pinata. As you can see it was already dark (darn you winter, Katie was a SUMMER baby, in SUMMER it's still light at 6 pm). The girls still managed to get it to bust open (with a little extra help from dad and some scissors), but finding the candy in the moonlight was a bit of a challenge.
Undeterred we headed inside and began the show -

They were totally cute. Next up, pizza and cake:


And finally, presents:

Katie loved every minute of it and she has some precious friends, it was a fun evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment