We have landed safely in Texas, in the land of the free, home of the brave, after an arduous journey. We arrived at DFW at about 9:30 pm Thursday night to the news of Michael Jackson's demise - and Farrah Fawcett's as it turned out although she got very little media coverage compared to the King of Pop which I find disturbing given she was Charlie's cutest angel. Nevermind.
The children did well on the journey but they didn't sleep - not even sweet Ellie. However we survived and checked in to the Grand Hyatt, ordered some room service and called it a night. When we arrived I said I was so happy I wanted to kiss the ground and Josie heard me and actually did! So cute, but oh so dirty.
We didn't have too many problems in immigration despite my having two girls with expired American passports - Dugald was questioned pretty thoroughly, as always, but that's because even some people in my family reckon he's running a drug cartel. :)
I'll post more soon with pictures but we're having a fabulous time and are so grateful to our dear Texas friends for welcoming us home. It's 100F here but I am so loving it!! I'll write more soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment