Thursday, February 19, 2009

Teddy Bear's Picnic

As I sit here uploading pictures and trying to catch up on our blog, Meggie is upstairs making everyone breakfast. I am so loving it. Dugald is out of town (again) and when I woke up this morning she was already heading down the stairs to my room with toast and jam for me. She is eager to learn to cook and has been helping me a lot in the kitchen, but this was the first time she actually went in there and did it all herself. I immediately showed her how the coffee is made, in case she gets it in her head to do this again. She also presented me with a grocery list, she plans on cooking our dinner tonight all by herself and found a recipe in our children's cookbook. I'll take pics and post about that later.


A few weeks ago it was the "Teddy Bear's Picnic" in the Botanic Gardens. Meggie and Katie performed with their Musical Stars group and Josie and Ellie and I went to watch, I don't really need to tell you that Daddy was out of town. . . . you could probably work that one out! Anyhoo, we had a ball, here are some pictures from our day:


Katie during her solo part:


Waiting for the next song:

The audience:




Katie again:


Meggie:



Meggie and Ellie watching more of the show:




I don't know why I'm posting this one, if you looked up "haggard" in the dictionary I'm pretty sure this is what you'd see:

After the performance we went to another area of the gardens where they had jumpers and other activities for the kids. Ellie is a big fan of the jumper. Meggie was an awesome big sister and took her over there, stood in line with her, paid for her and watched her play while I was in the "hair and makeup" line with Josie and Katie.


Katie getting her "makeup" (face paint) done:



And Josie getting her hair done:






I'm thinking the girl doing Katie's makeup isn't wearing the most flattering look for her. . .

but look at my little star, she's beautiful!




It was another fun day for all of us. I apologize for the photo quality, my editing tools are on the computer that isn't set up yet. See you tomorrow!

No comments: