Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I simply remember my favorite things. . .

and then I don't feel so sad!

One of the things I do to help the girls and myself if we are having a moment of homesickness is to ask, "What is something that is better here than it is at home?". It usually helps us to see that if we left here today there are already things that we would miss. So, something we've noticed is that New Zealand is big on parks, and the parks ROCK! I guess since they aren't busy suing each other they can still have toys that are actually fun to play on if you are kid.











The thing I love about this next picture is Josie in the background cheering Ellie on.



Below is a cool maze. . .




All of the above pictures were taken (by Sarah) in parks that are within walking distance of our house here in Karori. Below are some more park pictures from Palmerston North where Dugald's parents live and from Auckland where his sister lives.







2 comments:

Sharon Cox said...

Brooke says "I want to go visit." Those parks look like so much fun!
Missing you! Sharon

Still Awake Sarah said...

Okay, having finally been motivated enough to finish my profile so I can post comments (behold the power of my girlies getting blogs and needing comments) I would like to input that Katie's future blog should be a photo blog too...to motivate her to use her wee, pink camera.

And way to go with all the photo uploading in this post! Massively impressive!