Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pictures at last

Hi everyone! I'm just learning how to add photos to the blog, so I'll start with some recent ones then backtrack and share some from earlier weeks. Unfortunately when I uploaded these they were placed in the blog in the exact OPPOSITE order I uploaded them in, which doesn't really matter to anyone except me, but it took too long for me to redo them. Anyway, enjoy!



This is a picture of Ellie with a weta, a bug unique to New Zealand. They are creepy looking but the girls were not at all put off by them. I about lost my mind when I unknowingly stumbled across it sitting on the entryway table in it's container. Ick. Sarah is a bug person and has trained the girls to be fascinated rather than grossed out, so go Sarah! I'll keep my distance thank you.

Here is a picture of Meggie and her new friend from soccer. She played in a girls' clinic on Friday for the first time and it was this girl's first time too - so they were able to bond. Turns out E (I won't use her name since I haven't asked her parents) lives right across the street, how fun is that? She's 8-years-old and her family emigrated from Scotland six years ago. There were a ton of girls playing in the clinic and both Meggie and E received the "player of the day" award for good sportsmanship as well as skill, only three girls were given the award out of all the girls there - awesome Meg!


Here's Meggie at her first riding lesson - a dream come true!

Katie rode too! They were both very brave.


A good time was had by all. We are going to try out another stable this week and then decide for sure where the girls will take, but it was definitely something they plan to do on a regular basis.


Here the girls posed in front of a map mural -from a different perspective than we are used to! Katie is pointing out Texas and Meggie New Zealand.


My birthday - it was a great way to turn 40.


Enjoying my special scrapbook with the girls.


The girls on the bus going shopping for my birthday.


Waiting at the bus stop for the #3.


Sarah and Ashley overlooking Wellington Harbor.

Be sure and check back often as I am going to add pictures frequently. We love the emails and phone calls, it's good to finally be connected at home. It was quite an undertaking but the long wait is finally over and we met our neighbors on both sides after the cable guy came and dug up their lawns. We have really nice neighbors so it was all good in the end. I'll write more tomorrow about church - we went to another one today and were invited to a home for a barbeque later and made some neat new friends . . .

4 comments:

JOY said...

Ahhhhhhh Help!!! I'm going to give this one more try today. I hope this comment reaches you on your blog. I have tried several times on different days but for some reason they are not being posted. Anywho, I am enjoying reading your entries so much. I feel like I am there with you. LOVE seeing the photos too. Keep them coming!! NZ looks like a beautiful place. Wow, what an experience for all of you. Happy 40th Birthday! You look fabulous. Please keep in touch. It's exciting to read all about your adventures. By the way, Sarah seems like a real hoot. Enjoyed reading her blog too.
Talk soon. Lovingly,
JOY

LizzyBees said...

Howdy Dawn!
Im Sarahs friend Beth, it looks like you guys are having a blast over there! Hope to see more pics soon!
: )
B

Sharon Cox said...

Hi dear friend!! I love reading your blog. I feel like I'm right there with you. You really know how to write in a way that we can visualize what's happening. Love the pictures!! Your girls are too beautiful! Maybe there is a little boy in your future, wink, wink!!
I'm so glad to hear that your birthday was special. I am hoping that my entry made it to your album, as I was late on the deadline your sisters gave us.
Lots of love and hugs! Sharon

Anonymous said...

Way to go Meggie!!!