Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Sound of Music

What an adventure Josie has had!! When a West End production company came to New Zealand to audition children for a part in The Sound of Music we knew she had to give it a go. It was a great experience from start to finish and we are so proud of her and amazed at how well she did. She went through three full days of auditions in Wellington and made it the entire way through while hundreds of others were cut. The South African director was amazing and worked really well with the kids, he was very patient and he also managed to bring out the best in each child. I only know this because he allowed the parents in on the last day to watch, so long as we were quiet and didn't record anything. I snuck a quick pic (which is posted at the end) but didn't make any audio or video recordings, although I really wish I had for posterity! In the end Josie just wasn't quite right height-wise for either of the two parts she auditioned for, but she handled the disappointment with grace and I breathed a secret sigh of relief that I wasn't going to have to work out how she and I could spend a month in Auckland while she performed there!

Ready to go to the registration.


Nervously handing over her information.

The end of Day 1 and she and a few of her friends had made it through. L-R Anna, Lizzie, Josie and Elspeth.

Day 3 - practicing before heading into the theater.

Lined up in groups based on the character they were auditioning for.

Sneaky photo as they warm up on stage.

No comments: