Friday, February 22, 2013

A Day at the Races


Meggie has been wanting to go to the horse races for some time now and we finally made it happen at the end of January when we went to the Trentham Horse Races Family Day in Upper Hutt. The girls wanted me to buy them all a hat, but being as it was family day I wasn't at all sure people would be dressed up so we took the middle ground and went "dressy casual". As it turned out there was a huge variety of attire - everything from shorts and jandals to hats and gloves. Katie and Josie entered the "Little Miss Trentham" contest just for fun and we all got to bet on a race for $5 each. Ellie and I bet on Stormy Lass to place, I wish I had backed her for the win instead, and doubled our money, but sadly the rest of the family lost. It was a beautiful, fun, sunny day though and we all had a great time!



Checking out the horses pre-race.




Ellie and I happy with our winning tickets - the others, not so much.



Looking gorgeous for the Little Miss competition.


The judges.

Katie strutting her stuff.


I apologize for videoing and yelling at the same time! Turn the volume down to start and at the end of Katie's interview just as Josie enters.

No comments: