I have really enjoyed finally owning our own home again after renting for four years. The past few weeks I've been focusing on trying to make our house more "us" after spending months mentally prioritizing the budget. I am happy with the things I've decided to focus on first - floors (we had the old carpet pulled up and the floorboards underneath polished), some painting, some art work, repairing and painting our dining table - and thought I'd share the updates. I have plenty more ideas for the future but for now we are all loving our bright new space.
 |
| The dining area - the table was a very beat up and worn out mahogany so we freshened it up by painting it black. I love how it turned out and I've ordered some great black and white fabric similar to the runner on the table to re-cover the chairs. |
 |
| Looking back into the kitchen. I really want to paint those green cabinets white. . . |
 |
| The artwork is named Hatfield and it was painted by an artist in Tyler, Texas where the girls were born. We love it! |
 |
| Peeking over into the living area. |
 |
| I'm not loving the artwork above the mantle and would like to move it but just need to find a replacement. I also am thinking about a different carpet but don't tell Dugald. I think this one would be fun. |
 |
| We have a lot of books and I wasn't sure how to sort them so decided color-coding would do for now. |
 |
| A very important area! |
I'm also going to get a coffee table to replace the leather ottoman which is too small but I just haven't found what I love yet.
I will post more pictures soon of some of the bedrooms I've been working on but they aren't quite finished.
Dxx
No comments:
Post a Comment