Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Karori Normal Swimming Sports

Yesterday I spent the day at the pool to help with timing for the Karori Normal swimming sports day. The children were competing to represent KNS in the Western Zones swimming competition that will take place in August. Both Ellie and Josie swam and did really well. Ellie swam 25 meters of freestyle and finished third in her heat but her time didn't qualify her for the finals. I was very proud of her for just attempting it as she really wasn't that keen and many of her classmates didn't swim at all.

Josie, on the other hand, won first place for every. single. race. she entered. She is amazing - she flew through the water and I was so proud of her. She was only allowed to enter 4 events and I guess that's a good thing as she won each race and will represent KNS at Western Zones as a part of the relay team (chosen from top finishers in each grade), and in the 25 meter freestyle, butterfly and backstroke as well as the 50 meter freestyle. Go Jo!! I also need to brag on her for winning an award at the end of last term for swimming with the swim team. They called it the Diver's Cup (not sure why) and she won it for attendance, effort and team leadership qualities over the last year.



In other Josie news. . .

I also attended the KNS Science Fair last week and had a look at her project on mould. She did it with her friend Tessa and it was a great first effort. Well done girls!!




I actually have some more photos to post and things to write but today is busy with preparations for Katie's birthday on Thursday and Ellie's birthday party on Sunday. This week is full of activities that need my attendance at the various schools as well as getting a little bit organized for our trip. Also this little one is in recovery from her surgery and needing lots of cuddles. . .  lots of love to all!!



No comments: