Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Little Bit of This and That

I have various bits of whatnot to share here - I've kind of been in catch-up mode since Katie's big bash. In fact we are still working on thank you notes, and the presents are not yet all put away.

Anyway, Josie made dinner for us the other night and I wanted to include some photos - she chose spaghetti bolognese and it was very nice. I love that my girls want to help in the kitchen - I picture myself one day retiring from the cooking altogether as they take over. Maybe.




Today the girls have a new friend over for a play - there is a family up the street with three children and a fourth on the way and they've just decided to start homeschooling. It's been fun to share a little bit of our journey, and the joy we got out of teaching the girls at home, with them. I have to say though, as I see this mama in such a busy season of life I'm amazed that we managed it (and actually remember it with a smile). God's grace. I wouldn't trade the time I had my girls home for anything.

The big three girls swim for the Pirates swim team twice a week and Ellie takes semi-private lessons with their coach (and mine) once a week. Our Thursday mornings are crazy as the big three swim at 7 am and Ellie is at 7:30 - we stumble over to the pool laden with bookbags, uniforms, breakfast, lunch, towels, shampoo, conditioner, goggles. . . lots of stuff! But, they love the camaraderie of their early morning swims and it is a great way to start the day. Last week I took a short video of Ellie with my phone and thought I'd share it here. She is a very confident swimmer but she has a long way to go as far as technique goes.



Meggie had a big day this past weekend - she went into town with several of her friends and they had lunch together and shopped for dresses for their upcoming school dance - all sans adults. I love that she is gaining independence and making sweet friends, my baby is growing up.

I'm still house-hunting but so far not finding much in our area that is anywhere near our price range. I am holding out hope that perhaps we can buy this house that we are in for a reasonable price and then make some improvements, but we'll see. I mean I LOVE this one, but we don't have an extra 2 million lying around at the moment. For slightly less money - because really I don't have to have a 6-car garage - there is this one, but it's quite modern, has no garden and is on a subdivided lot. Finally, this one is for sale too - but at over a million and only 2200 square feet it's not quite suitable.

Dugald's work is going really well and he is still enjoying it - that's all I can tell you though as it's all very hush-hush when he's doing a deal.

Hope everyone in America had a great Father's Day!! xx

No comments: