Friday, December 3, 2010

Katie's New Bag

I finished my first sewing project a few weeks ago - here it is, Katie's new bag! She chose the fabric and then I did my best. I definitely have a long way to go before I am a competent seamstress but I did enjoy getting to know my machine and it was great that Katie was so excited about the final product.



We are all LOVING the sunny weather we've been enjoying lately, I'm so, so grateful. It was a bit bizarre putting out the Christmas decorations though. I pared way down on the decorations when we moved here - we brought our tree decorations and a few things for table tops - but even so we didn't use some of it because it is so winter-y looking and right now all I want to do is fling open the doors, clear out the clutter and simplify. Hope you in the Northern Hemisphere aren't too cold. . .

I've temporarily stopped looking at houses - at least officially - after a budget meeting with the hubby. For now our aim is to increase our monthly savings and finish out our lease here, but to be honest I'm a teensy bit worried about where we will go once our lease is up in January 2012. The real problem seems to be my love for houses like this, which I'm sure will sell for more than $2 million, and this which is for sale for more than 1.8 million. Sigh.

Now to finish up the dinner - burgers on the barbie, yum!! xx

No comments: