A blog describing the adventures of the Morrison Family in New Zealand.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Orphan Sunday
This Sunday many churches in America will participate in what they call "Orphan Sunday". I don't really know a lot about it, but I do know that my heart aches for the plight of orphans around the world. As many of you already know I have investigated the possibility of our family adopting a child in need of a home and I continue to do so, but right now, in New Zealand, it is proving to be very difficult. There is only one agency in the country that works with international adoptions and they do a very limited number per year, and there are very, very few domestic adoptions. We went to a meeting about it and there were far more people there who were interested in starting a family through adoption than the agency even facilitates in a year. So, for now, while we continue to wait and see if God opens any other doors for us, I am in the process of learning more about the foster care program here. In the meantime though, I wanted to share this video about Orphan Sunday and then a link to a powerful, powerful post that resonated so deeply with me.
Here is the link to the post by Missy entitled "I don't want my children to be happy". Good stuff.
And one more video -
"Sometimes I would like to ask God, why He allows poverty, famine and injustice in the world when He could do something about it . . . but I'm afraid He might ask me the same question." Anonymous
No comments:
Post a Comment