The girls and I hosted a Mother-Daughter movie and game night last Friday. We invited our friends over for pizza followed by a movie for the girls and some wine, games and chit-chat for the mom's.
We prepared for the evening with a fun-filled trip to the video store and left with four choices for the girls to choose from. Next we cooked up some snacks for the evening - a popcorn cake, chocolate covered pretzel rods and some spicy peanuts. After that we did a quick tidy-up around the house and then literally counted the minutes until the guests arrived!


We've been so blessed in our friendships here and it was fun to have an evening to just celebrate that fact. The girls had their own "champagne" of sparkling grape juice to toast the evening with while the adults stuck to the real stuff. I'm not sure what was said when this first picture was taken but I love how they are all laughing it up.


Last weekend was actually a holiday weekend to celebrate the Queen's birthday so some of our friends couldn't make it as they were out of town - but that's just a great reason to do it all again when we are back from our big holiday overseas. I am feeling very glad of our planned escape from winter as the weather has been dreadful -rain, rain and more rain and we continue to get colder as well. This was the last holiday weekend here until Labour Day in October which makes for a LOOOONNNNGGG stretch of winter without a break. Personally I think North America has the better deal with Christmas and Thanksgiving to break up the winter months a bit.
I will say we've gotten more hardy - last year I drove just about every time I had to go anywhere if it was both cold and rainy but today the girls and I actually got hailed on as we walked to the pool, so I'm adapting.
Enjoy the beginning of your summer our northern hemisphere friends. xx
No comments:
Post a Comment